Energy osteopathy belongs to manual and energy therapies. It is a gentle method with no musculoskeletal or myofascial manipulation that helps the body to move freely again and gradually regain its balance on the muscular, articular, visceral and energetic level. It enables your body to better adapt to everyday constraints.
This method is based on cranio-sacral osteopathy and traditional Chinese medicine. It was developed by Maurice Poyet and further improved by Jean Marchandise (“A l’écoute du corps” author). M. Poyet found a mapping of the body bones and articulations onto the skull (similar to reflexology where the body is represented on the sole of the foot). Specific points are tested on the skull to check if there is mobility restriction or not on the corresponding body parts which are then treated.
Tests and corrections are based on energy information. The practitioner tests for the presence of movement restrictions on the skull and corrects the blocked or restricted areas by gently touching the skin of the area concerned, thus giving the body the information necessary to restore normal movement. Corrections to the skull and vertebrae are made at the sacrum, while for other parts of the body they are made directly on the area concerned. The patient will be asked to walk a few steps after each correction to the skull and vertebrae. This method is safe and can be used on everyone. It works on many systems (see applications). However it does not enable a medical diagnostic to be given and cannot substitute medical treatment. In the case of serious illness, consult your doctor first. (Décret 2077-435 du 25 mars 2007).
Energy osteopathy is a form of holistic therapy.
It can have an effect on the following ailments:
- Orthopedic conditions : tendinitis, sprains, neck and back pain…etc.
- ENT and head conditions : headache, migraine, sinusitis, otitis, dizziness …etc.
- Cardio-vascular system : circulatory disorders.
- Nervous system : sciatica, neuralgia…etc.
- Digestive system : constipation, gastroesophageal reflux…etc.
- Autonomic nervous system : anxiety, stress, sleep disorders…etc.
- Génito-urinary system : cystitis, painful periods, pregnancy …etc.
- After effect trauma : falls, shocks, accidents …etc.